Leadership Development Programme for the management team of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) to equip them with the skills needed to deliver their ambitious new strategic plan (that we previously helped them create).
The brief / challenge
The strategic planning process we facilitated for BIBA highlighted the need to upskill their team of ten managers to be able to deliver the strategic goals set out in the plan.
We designed a comprehensive six-month leadership development programme covering intra- and interpersonal skills such as:
- personal brand
- assertive communication
- motivation and conflict management
- performance management skills (including giving and receiving feedback, dealing with difficult behaviour)
- coaching and dealing with change.
We tailored the programme content to suit BIBA’s specific development needs and used a mix of interactive face-to-face workshops, coaching sessions and home assignments supported by the Juniper learning centre to ensure sustained learning.
- A joined up Management Team with a shared experience and significantly improved leadership skill set.
- Team members became more self-aware and purposeful with clarity on how they will all contribute to achieving the strategic goals of the organisation.
- The programme helped the team become much more confident in their abilities to take the organisation to the next level.