About this Notice
We value your privacy and are committed to maintaining your trust and confidence. This Notice has been updated to reflect our ongoing commitment to ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will provide you with information about how The Juniper Company collects your personal information, what we use it for, and your individual rights.
Any questions regarding this Notice or requests should be made by:
telephone: +44 (0) 1252 856364, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some or all of the following ways:
- When you sign-up to or use our Learning Centre (through thejuniperco.co.uk)
- When you opt in to receiving our newsletter:
- through the sign-up form on thejuniperco.co.uk
- by written request
- by verbal request, confirmed in writing by a member of our team
- through ticking the opt-in option on our programme or event evaluation forms
- When you are registered on one of our learning programmes
- When you register for a learning or networking event hosted by The Juniper Company
- When you make contact with The Juniper Company by telephone or email, or through networking (providing a business card for example).
Types of data we collect
In addition to personal details, such as your name, address, email and telephone number, The Juniper Company may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- If you are a learning event participant, we may collect data regarding your age or job title, in order to help us better understand our participants and tailor our learning experiences.
- Details of The Juniper Company events to which you have registered or attended.
- Details of your newsletter behaviours (open-rate, clicks etc.) using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communication.
- Information regarding your Learning Centre page preferences and visits.
- Details of when you contact The Juniper Company by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Media, such as videos and photography, collected during our learning programmes or networking events to help attendees meet their learning objectives and provide them with the information available at the time of the event.
- Any other information from which we can identify you that is required to deliver the services for which we are contracted. For example, some Learning certifications may require date of birth for identification purposes.
What do we use your personal information for?
We confirm that any personal data which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential.
Under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation we hold and process your personal information following lawful business purpose. For example, where processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or where it is necessary in order to perform an official function you have registered for. In the case of marketing communications, or media collected during our programmes and events (such as photography or video) specific consent will be requested and recorded, for each person attending.
The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include some or all of the following:
- Processing registrations to learning events and programmes.
- Processing certifications associated with our learning programmes.
- When you have opted-in to receive communications from The Juniper Company, to keep you informed by email, post, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about resources, services and events offered by The Juniper Company which may be of interest to you.
- Registering your user account on The Juniper Company Learning centre then maintaining and updating your account to meet your learning needs.
- Media obtained during our learning programmes is used to assist those on their learning journey. For those who have consented, it will be held and shared securely on The Juniper Company Learning Centre, for the purpose it was intended. Only participants and programme sponsors (e.g. the person’s line manager) will have access to the media recorded during the programme. All participants from the programme will be able to view all programme media unless for confidentiality, media is shared with individual participants directly (in this instance, a private link to the video will be shared with the participant individually via email). Should the participant need to share media with their manager, a private link to their video will be provided (again, via email).
- Media obtained during any networking events hosted (or co-hosted) by The Juniper Company will be shared on The Juniper Company Learning Centre for all Alumni* to view. Should an event attendee who is not on our Learning Centre wish to view this media, they will either be a) registered to the Learning Centre or b) provided with a private link to the media via email.
- When you have opted in to receive communication from The Juniper Company, we may carry out assessment and analysis (for example participant surveys) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- If you are attending/have just completed a learning programme, we may carry out assessment and analysis (for example participant surveys) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer, and to determine the effectiveness of our learning programmes.
*The Juniper Company Alumni is a specific group of people on our database who have previously attended (much like students who have ‘graduated’) one or more of our learning events.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required to hold some types of information to fulfil our contractual obligations (for example when we enter into a contract with you), or where there is a legitimate interest (for example, when we need to register you for a learning event and the venue requires your name). Your personal information will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and/or processed.
Please note that The Limitation Act 1980 (Section 5) states that all business contracts, agreements and arrangements need to be safely stored for the length of the contract and for six years afterwards.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. For example, parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of events and programmes that The Juniper Company offers. We require all third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do. If you would like to view a full list of our current third-party service providers, please contact us.
We do not sell or trade email lists with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Your individual rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request, access, amend, restrict, or erase the personal information that we hold about you at any time. We must respond within one calendar month and we make no charge for any administration. Please contact us using the details provided above.
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. You can withdraw consent to receiving any automated marketing communication from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any automated communication we send you by email, at any time. This will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Please note that you may continue to receive communications which are already en route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
However, should you wish your details to be removed from our database completely, then you can contact our team using the contact details above.
Thejuniperco.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and The Juniper Company does not accept responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the website to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you.
When you use and access thejuniperco.co.uk, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on thejuniperco.co.uk and we use different types of cookies to run the site:
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of thejuniperco.co.uk and related communications, deliver advertisements on and through thejuniperco.co.uk.
For more information on the cookies that thejuniperco.co.uk uses and their uses, please contact us using the contact details outlined at the top of this privacy and cookie notice.
Thejuniperco.co.uk uses a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Deleting or refusing cookies
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
Thejuniperco.co.uk ‘share’ tools
We love to share great content with our network and encourage visitors to our site to share our content with theirs. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don’t control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest that you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Notice
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed annually, and changes will be published on our website.